Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Been A Busy Summer....Already!


I have been trying to add to the Blog Page more often. I have a lot of pictures to post...as soon as I can find the time! Terry and I have enjoyed working at some wonderful festivals and meeting some great people. The Kentucky Lake Bluegrass Festival was so much fun. The setting there is so beautiful (as you will see as soon as I get those photos up!) Terry jammed with Josh Williams, Carl Jackson, Jason Carter, Tim Dishman and Chase Johner. There is a clip on YouTube...just search 'Baucom'. The Jackson Purchase Friends of Bluegrass provided great hospitality and put on a very nice festival.


We have also recently spent time in Bristol, TN for the Earhart Music Festival. Another fun couple of days (and again, photos to follow!) Harold Prewitt took some great shots and sent to us. I also took a few. I have also had time at these festivals to interview some artists for "Knee-Deep In Bluegrass". Be listening for those on the show!


As of this writing, we are in Boone, NC. Terry is working a gig with Mark Newton, Clay Hess and Beth Lawrence. I love this area. It is just about 30 miles from where I was born and raised. Growing up, I came to Boone a lot...including a great concert in 1982 at Appalachian State University with Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver - Terry Baucom on Banjo!


Check the Blog often! I will be posting lots of photos very soon! ~CB


No comments: