Wednesday, March 23, 2011

RenoFest This Weekend, Hartsville, SC


As I was growing up, I heard a lot of banjo music at my house. My dad played and listened to music all the time. He really enjoyed the music of Don Reno. I am happy I got to hear so much of that wonderful Bluegrass from Don Reno growing up. As a teenager, I would see Don Reno and The Tennessee Cut-Ups at various Bluegrass Festivals. Terry and I are good friends with Don's sons-Ronnie, Dale and Don Wayne.

We appreciate the Hartsville Downtown Development Association for organizing RENOFEST each year in downtown Hartsville, South Carolina, to pay tribute to the life and talents of the late Don Reno (who was born in South Carolina).

RENOFEST is always the forth weekend in March-which is this weekend-March 25, 26 and 27. The festival features some fun elements like the Banjo, Guitar and Band Championships. Cash prizes and instruments are awarded to the winners ($1,500 for the Champion Band, as well as as performance spot on next year's festival). Banjo builder, Ronnie Bales, has provided the top Banjo prize. The top prize for the Guitar competition is a Guitar built especially for RENOFEST by luthier, Gerald Anderson. Gerald's band will also perform.

Other performances by host band, Ronnie Reno and The Reno Tradition, Kenny & Amanda Smith Band, The Boxcars and Lonesome Meadow. There is a vendor area with Bluegrass merchandise and so much more.

Hartsville, South Carolina is a beautiful town...especially in the Spring with all the blooming taking place!

Visit their website at www.renofest.com for all the details. I hope you can attend.

Thanks to RENOFEST for your recent sponsorship on "Knee-Deep In Bluegrass"!

~CB

No comments: