Wednesday, September 29, 2010

IBMA Report-Tuesday



It has been another wonderfully busy day at the IBMA World of Bluegrass. Knee-Deep In Bluegrass has a booth in the Exhibit Hall and I was able to spend a good part of the day there. I recorded a couple of interviews for Knee-Deep In Bluegrass. The first was with band leader, Frank Solivan. The highlight of my day was visiting with one of Terry's former band mates from "Boone Creek", Steve Bryant. I also interviewed Steve about those days and that incredible music, as well as his work with J. D. Crowe and The New South. I attended an IBMA Awards Show dinner meeting, going over last minute details with script and technical elements. Following the meeting I caught back up with Terry so we get to the "Fisk Room" where Rural Rhythm Records was hosting the Bluegrass All-Star Jam showcase. I served as MC, while Terry was joined by fellow artists Tim Stafford, Kenny Smith, Amanda Smith, Rob Ickes, Sammy Shelor, Dale Ann Bradley, Steve Gulley, Kim Fox, Ron Stewart, Jesse Brock, Justin Moses, Missy Raines, Chris Jones, Don Rigsby and Tim Hensley. Awards Show rehearsals start tomorrow at the Ryman.

No comments: