Monday, September 27, 2010

IBMA World of Bluegrass-Sunday


Terry and I arrived in Nashville Sunday afternoon around 2:30. Check-in at the Renaissance went smoothly. I picked up our credentials for the week...and we're off and rolling.

Terry and I got to visit with our friends, Dr. Hironobu Oda and Maro Kawabata. I will be performing with Maro (as well as Terry, Ashby Frank and Rachel Johnson) and the band "Sunset Drive" Friday night at the Mast Farm Inn Emerging Artist Showcase. Plans are underway for a Bluegrass Tour to Japan with "Sunset Drive" in 2011, as well as shows in the United States. More about this showcase later in the week.

I proudly represent Bluegrass Broadcasters on the IBMA Board. Our Board meeting begins at 8 am Monday. The Monday evening dinner will feature the keynote address by Sam Bush.

No comments: